Author Topic: Scope recommendation  (Read 103 times)

Offline poliq

• View Profile
Scope recommendation
« on: November 11, 2018, 02:05:33 PM »
Hi guys, looking for scope to go with my Pulsar Challenger add on, my current scope is a 3-9x40 with adjustable AO itís an old jsr model and is excellent other than there not being enough aim points, it is a mil dot scope but there is to big a difference between zero and the first mil dot so a 1/2 mildot maybe ? The scope needs to work well with the Pulsar Challenger and I believe cheaper scopes are better due to the lenses having less coatings on the glass, the scope also needs to be able to allow the fitting of the day scope adapter at the focus end so needs to be smooth over the focus adjuster ring, you might be able to see what I mean from the photo itís the one on the Compatto, cheers lads.
all is well

5Hoster - Web Hosting Forum

Scope recommendation
« on: November 11, 2018, 02:05:33 PM »
Linux Reseller Hosting

Offline crabby2

• View Profile
Re: Scope recommendation
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 02:09:52 PM »
I bought a Sightmark 4.6x42
at Academy for $400 during Christmas. $500 now. It uses a digital camera type tv screen and is clear out to 100 yards or so at night with the built in IR illuminator. I'm looking for a cheap IR flashlight to see if I can extend the range.
I'm happy with it so far, esp compared to glass NV price.
Apparently, this model has been discontinued though Academy still has it.
Daytime use not so good. It uses a pinhole lens cap for day, and the reticle makes it hard to see the bull on ShootnSees.

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 02:09:52 PM »
Linux Reseller Hosting

Offline sunny7

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 01:21:21 AM »
 I dream about one of these thermal scopes https://www.atncorp.com/thermal-scope-thor-hd, planning to buy one this year before hunting season.

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 01:21:21 AM »
Linux Reseller Hosting

Tags:

Linux Reseller Hosting